Kate has a passion for family law, having worked almost exclusively in the area since entering the legal profession in 2000 and thereafter to the High Court of Australia.
Whether it be in relation to parenting or property related issues, Kate has devoted her legal career to date to becoming a well respected Brisbane based family lawyer, known for both her genuine compassion for her clients and her vitality as an advocate of their legal interests.
Surrogacy | Family Law | Divorce | Parenting and Property matters
- Kate is an accredited Independent Children’s Lawyer and is regularly appointed in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court to represent the interests of children affected by significant parental conflict and/or dysfunction.
- Kate is also recognised and accredited as a Separate Representative for children in care of the State under Child Protective Orders.
- Kate regularly appears in Courts of various jurisdictions to advocate for her clients’ interests. She is known for her ability to cut to the chase and pursue value for money results for her clients at the earliest opportunity.
In 2010 Kate was fortunate enough to represent the Applicants in the first Surrogacy case ever determined in Queensland.
This was a landmark decision which became a platform for Kate to assist many other couples in Queensland and elsewhere with altruistic surrogacy arrangements and transfer of legal parentage to the intended parents.
Kate has a genuine affection for this developing area of law and has assisted many couples and singles of diverse backgrounds to achieve their dreams of parenthood, something many of us take for granted.
Kate also has a passion for social justice issues and has considerable experience in criminal matters in all jurisdictions, having appeared frequently in these matters since her introduction to the legal industry in 2000.
Kate is experienced in all aspects of police matters and can assist you from your first point of contact with police, up until your matter comes before a Court.
If appropriate, Kate can also assist her clients to seek funding for their legal problems through Legal Aid Queensland.
Kate has worked primarily from Cleveland in the Brisbane’s bayside suburbs since her admission as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2002.
Kate holds the following memberships:
- Member Queensland Law Society
- Member Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia